Our next Cruise is the Annual week-long event and asks the question, “Are you serious about cruising?” This cruise is composed of boats from Cambridge Yacht Club, The Power Squadron, ESSA, and Fleet 10.
- Note, all of these plans will depend on the COVID-19 restrictions in place
- If you can’t sail the entire cruise join the fleet for part of the trip.
- Call the fleet on Channel 72: “CHOPTANK CRUISERS!”
- All planned itineraries will be influenced by weather conditions.
- All skippers will need to be flexible.
- Skippers are responsible for their own marina reservations.
If you would like more information on this group, please contact George Breig.
This year the fleet is headed north. The annual cruise usually attracts 12-16 sailboats which range in size from 22 ft to 35 ft. From the Choptank, you should allow two or three days to get to Georgetown, Maryland on the Sassafras. More details will be posted as the event approaches.
- Saturday – Georgetown, MD. Thinking of Georgetown marina which is now a Safe Harbor marina. Opening picnic.
- Sunday – Bohemia River – 20 miles – anchor out and perhaps a tasting at the vineyard on river
- Monday – Chesapeake City – 26 miles – anchor out or tie up at city dock or stay at the Chesapeake Inn
- Tuesday – Havre de Grace – 20 miles – marina to be determined
- Wednesday – Hart Miller Island -31 miles – could borrow bikes or hike the island— anchor out
- Thursday – Still Pond – 14 miles – anchor out
- Friday – Tolchester Marina – 20 miles – last day